Highlights: A band score of 6.0 is now accepted by Canada SDS.
- The IELTS requirement for Canada SDS has been updated by IRCC.
- Candidates seeking work permits through SDS no longer require an individual score of 6 in the IELTS sections, according to the new rule.
- In the IELTS exam for Canada SDS, candidates can now earn an overall 6.0 band rather than an individual 6.0 band.
- The new IELTS criterion will go into effect on August 10, 2023.
The most recent updates to the new IELTS Academic test
- Starting August 10, 2023, IRCC announced modifications to the IELTS requirement for Canada SDS.
- To qualify, IELTS test takers applying through the SDS program will now need to obtain an overall 6.0 band.
- The decision to remove the individual score of 6.0 bands was made to emphasize the value of the test-takers overall talents.
- The most recent revision in IELTS requirements is intended to provide improved chances for overseas students to complete their studies in Canada.
Why should Someone take IELTS?
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the most popular English language competence examinations.
- IELTS is a globally recognized testing modality that may be used for migration, study abroad, and employment.
- Every day, 11,000+ colleges, schools, institutes, and immigration service providers enroll nearly 3 million students in IELTS.
Canada’s Student Direct Stream (SDS):
- The Student Direct Stream (SDS) is a study permit processing program for students applying to study at DLI (Designated Learning Institutions) in Canada.
- SDS offers a simplified and accelerated process with a shorter processing time. Canada just announced that the Canada Student Direct Stream will accept TOEFL results.
Countries that qualify for SDS:
The following nations are eligible for the SDS program:
Antigua and Barbuda are two Caribbean islands.
The Republic of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago (T&T)